Call for Abstracts
Kenya Society of Physiotherapy will be hosting a scientific Conference targeting participants from East and central Africa and beyond at Sai Rock Beach Hotel in Mombasa between 11th – 13th May 2022.
Theme: Transforming Physiotherapy Practice: Recent trends in Physiotherapy Techniques and Research
- Current Trend and innovations in Physiotherapy
- Excellence in Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation
The Scientific committee is calling for abstracts’ submission for platform and poster presentation by 30TH March 2022 at 12.00 hours (EAT)
For Submission and guidelines, Please click here
Please limit your abstracts to no more than 3 of your most up-to-date and relevant presentations
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. They should be submitted through the provided Abstract Submission form in our website. To simplify the abstract for review and the precision of the data added to the website that you provide, we request all the presenters to make use of our online form to be considered as a presenter
All abstract submissions will be acknowledged within 24hrs by email and SMS. All the Presenters will receive an individual notification of the decision taken within 5 working days after submission.
All venues to be used for Presentations will be equipped with public address system, screen and LCD
Formats of Presentation
1. Traditional: Each presenter will be given 12 minutes to present their work followed by 3 minutes Q and A session moderated by a session Chair.
2. Poster Presentations: Posters should be arranged in portrait format. Each presenter will need to put the poster onto the poster board at the designated time of each session and attend the session to present the work to the audience.
- Abstract should be submitted through the online platform in the website of the Kenya Society of physiotherapy Conference 2022.
- The submitting author must be the presenting author but may not need to be the first author of the presenting abstract.
- Each author can only submit and present a maximum of 3 abstracts.
- The presenting author can be named as a co-author in other abstracts.
- The online submission system will restrict the word count. The text below summarizes the subheading to be included in the abstract online submission:
- Title of Abstract
- Authors (Full Name, title, affiliation, city and country of presenter and all co-authors should be included)
A completed abstract with structured format should include [word limit: 250 words]
- Funding acknowledgement
- Ethical Approval
- The official language used in the congress is English. All abstracts and presentations must be presented in English.
- Submission with pending results and study protocols will NOT be accepted
The following information is provided to help presenters prepare their poster.
- Posters will be mounted on poster boards that will be provided by the hotel.
- The space for each poster is restricted and it is therefore essential that posters are produced to comply with the congress size requirements.
- Posters must be produced as ISO1 A0 size in landscape – this is 84.1cm (height) x 118.9cm (width) (33.1 x 46.8 inches).
- Posters will be on display for one day only during the congress. Presenters will be advised which day and the arrangements for putting them up and taking them down.